Cognitive Biases - Ready to Use Digital Workshop (Miro and Figjam)
Whether you are creating the user experience of an interfaces or purchasing something online, it’s important to be aware of different cognitive biases that will impact people's behavior. Did I use an anchoring bias in this product pricing? Maybe...
This is the digital Miro and Figjam workshop version of the Cognitive Biases - 60 Ready to Print Cards & Workshop Instructions. It's a ready to use online workshop boards (with "how to" guides) to save time when you want to grow your team / student's awareness towards cognitive biases that can affect product and service design.
We (Laurence Vagner and Stéphanie Walter) carefully selected 60 out of the complete list of biases and organized them into 5 categories: User Research, Decision-Making & Behavior, Teamwork & Project Management, Memory, Recalling & Perception, Thinking & Problem-Solving. Each card comes with an easy-to-understand description of the bias in that category.
How to us it the workshop boards
- Follow our workshop instruction (or build a brainstorming session on your own) to raise awareness about biases within your teams
- Use this as a nice, visual teaching tools, to help your juniors, mentees or students better
Also, check my article How to Facilitate a Remote Workshop on Cognitive Biases for more facilitation tips.
This resource contains:
- A Miro workshop backup board (.rtb) with the 60 cognitive biases cards, and workshop instructions. Please note that you do need a paying Miro account in order to import that. (instructions to import in miro)
- A Figjam workshop board (.jam) with the 60 cognitive biases cards, and workshop instructions. (help to import in figjam)
- A guide on how to use the cards, including instructions for a group workshop you can re-use according to the licence (.pdf)
If you need to print the cards, check the printable version of the 60 cognitive biases cards, and get discount if you buy both (discount automatically calculated in your cart)
Importing into Figma
Depending on your system, you can't just double click on the Figma files to import them. You need to go to your Figma, find the "import button". Check my small video if you need help with this.
Licence for the content:
By “content” we mean the Miro / Figjam templates and the cards + the workshop described in the PDFs.
What you can do:
- Use the workshop template for your daily professional work or at school if you are a student. You can also use it for teaching purposes at schools or universities.
- Run a workshop with your colleagues at work internally. Run a workshop with your students (school or university) as long as the workshop is NOT the only part of the course.
What you can’t do:
- You can’t sell resell this workshop as stand-alone training, present it at a conference*, or use the cards to run a workshop where only the cards are used. If you want to run the workshop as stand-alone training, please contact us.
- You can’t copy the sold content or reproduce it in any way.
- You are also not allowed to redistribute the content on your own site, or any other site.
- You are not allowed to resell those templates, or derivative products that directly copy this content (for example you can’t sell physical copies of the content, or copy it and sell it on your blog or shop)
- You can’t delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
* If are doing open source and free events, please reach out via my contact form you can use this.